The aim of the Fund is to make awards to registered charities and voluntary groups providing respite breaks for carers. This may take the form of a holiday or to provide regular ‘sitting’ services. For the purposes of the Fund, the definition of a carer is: someone of any age who provides unpaid support to family or friends whose health or wellbeing could suffer without this help. This could be caring for a relative, partner, child or friend who is ill, frail, disabled or has mental health or substance misuse problems.
- Any group/project not meeting the above criteria.
- Those groups whose beneficiaries are outside of Berkshire.
- Groups promoting religious or political causes and/or those excluding beneficiaries from other sectors of society.
- Overseas travel or expeditions for individuals and groups.
- Grants for respite breaks are distributed through community groups and charities and are NOT paid direct to the individual carer.
Grants of up to £5,000 are available for carers respite breaks. This is distributed up to £300 per individual carer for a holiday or period of respite.
The group distributing awards to the individual carers is able to use 5% of the total grant amount for administration costs.
Applications are considered throughout the year.
If you are interested in applying for this funding, please complete and submit an on-line Expression of Interest form.